Each user of Thunderbird in their Profile has a preference file that remembers the preferred toolbars, window locations, columns in the message and folders lists, address book, etc. This file is localstore.rdf.
You can simply configure toolbars, windows, columns as you want, then exit Thunderbird, and copy the localstore.rdf file from your profile (%appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\xyz.slt\localstore.rdf – on a Windows 2k/XP/2003 Machine – usually c:\documents and settings\%username%\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\xyz.slt\localstore.rdf) to your installation directory in bin:\defaults\profile
Things I did for UNI ITS-US Custom version ITS User Services Downloadable Software Page
- Main Window: Remove Junk icon
- Open an existing message, remove junk icon from msg window toolbar.
- Add File icon to toolbar (both main app and msg window by opening a message).
- Remove Junk column from message list
- Add size column
- Add flag column
- Address Book: Remove screen name column
- Address Book: Remove Organization column
- Address Book: Add Home Phone column
- Address Book: Add Mobile column
- In the main window in the folders pane (left side) add the Total column
- Write a new message: in the compose window after contacts add the following buttons: <space> Quote <space> Cut Copy Paste